Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, methi dal (fenugreek leaves dal). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook methi dal (fenugreek leaves dal) using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Methi Dal (fenugreek leaves Dal):
- Make ready 1 cup chopped methi
- Make ready 1/2 cup yellow moong dal/cooked
- Make ready 2 tsp oil
- Take 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- Get 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Prepare 1 dried red chilli
- Prepare 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- Take 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Make ready 1 finely chopped tomato
- Get 1 finely chopped onion
- Make ready 1 tsp ghee
- Take 1 tsp salt to taste
Steps to make Methi Dal (fenugreek leaves Dal):
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the mustard seeds, cumin sheed, curry leaves and dry red chilli. Wait for the mustard seeds to splutler.
- Add in the asafoetida and turmeric powder, add in the chopped onion and saute on a medium flames for a minutes.
- Add in the tomato, salt and the methi leaves. Saute till the tomato are juiced down and the methi is fully cooked and there is very little moisture left.
- Add the cooked yellow moong dal, simmer for a minutes. If the dal is very thick add in 1/4 cup of water to adjust the consistency of add in the ghee remove from the heat. Serve hot.
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. While you may already consume a great deal of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it. Obviously, it’s not hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food methi dal (fenugreek leaves dal) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!