Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, bacon-wrapped meatloaf. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have bacon-wrapped meatloaf using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf:
- Prepare 1 tbsp oil
- Make ready 1 onion, finely chopped
- Prepare 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Get 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- Prepare 60 ml ketchup
- Get 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- Get 1 tsp vinegar
- Get 300 g minced beef
- Get 300 g minced pork
- Take 60 g fresh breadcrumbs
- Get 1-2 tsp dried sage
- Prepare 1-2 tsp crushed bay leaves
- Get 1 egg
- Take 45 ml plain yogurt
- Make ready 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- Prepare 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Make ready 1 carrot, grated
- Take salt, and white and/or black pepper
- Prepare 5-6 rashers streaky smoked bacon
Instructions to make Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf:
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently cook the onion, celery and garlic. Avoid browning.
- Mix the ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar together in a small bowl. This is for glazing the meatloaf before cooking.
- Place the two meats and breadcrumbs in a large bowl, add the herbs and season with plenty of salt and white and black pepper.
- Add the onion, celery and garlic mixture to the bowl of meat with the dried herbs, half a teaspoon of salt and some white and or black pepper.
- In another bowl mix together the egg, yogurt, mustard, Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the egg mixture to the bowl of meat, together with the grated carrot. Mix together well, with your hands is best. Cook a tiny piece in the onion pan to check the seasoning. Preheat the oven to 160C/Gas 3.
- Line a baking tray that has sides with baking parchment or foil, then shape the mixture into a loaf shape inside it. Brush with the ketchup mixture, then cover with bacon, tucking the ends underneath the loaf.
- Brush the top and sides with more ketchup glaze, then place in the oven. Cook for an hour and 20 minutes until browned and sizzling. I turned the heat up to 180C/Gas 4 for the last 20 minutes of cooking time.
- Allow the meatloaf to stand for 15-20 minutes while you cook accompaniments. I served with onion gravy, mashed potato and carrot, and steamed cabbage. Lovely.
You need to include a few superfoods in your diet daily. Why not include a few beans or blueberries? Then, try adding a few green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Add in whole cereals and nuts. Also, you need to consume yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. Eating from this list of foods, you won’t have to worry about gaining weight again. Green living offers you a healthy eating plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. You will discover that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to fend off disease. Prepare for a great future by changing your eating habits right now.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food bacon-wrapped meatloaf recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!