Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, our family recipe for fluffy and creamy okonomiyaki. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
It's fluffy and super delicious Japanese food you can make at home. A low ratio of flour to liquid and grated mountain yam give this okonomiyaki a creamy, light texture in the center. · This okonomiyaki recipe is SO easy and fun to make!
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have our family recipe for fluffy and creamy okonomiyaki using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Our Family Recipe for Fluffy and Creamy Okonomiyaki:
- Get 300 grams Okonomiyaki flour
- Take 2 large Eggs
- Prepare 360 grams Milk
- Take 240 grams Grated nagaimo
- Get 1 Onion (1 cm dice)
- Get 1 bunch Green onions
- Get 300 grams Cabbage (1 cm squares)
- Get 1 handful per pancake Melting cheese
- Take 1 egg per pancake Egg
- Prepare 1 Pork belly, shrimp, squid, beni shouga (picked red ginger), chikuwa, tempura batter crumbs, aonori, bonito flakes, etc
- Get 1 Okonomiyaki sauce, mustard, mayonnaise
Instructions to make Our Family Recipe for Fluffy and Creamy Okonomiyaki:
- Make the batter. Mix the okonomiyaki flour, eggs, and milk well in a bowl to remove clumps. Add grated yam.
- Add onions, leeks, cabbage, and your favorite additional ingredients into the bowl.
- We like to add a pack of peeled shrimp (approximately 150 g), deep fried as tempura, into the okonomiyaki batter.
- How to cook the okonomiyaki: Pour a ladle full of batter mixture into a non-stick frying pan or onto an electric griddle. Make a well in the middle.
- Crack an egg into the well.
- Pour more batter on top.
- Add the pork slices, tempura batter crumbs and cheese on top. Put a lid on top of the pan (or on top of the pancake on the griddle (and cook slowly over low heat (about 140°C) until browned.
- Flip over once, put the lid back on and wait until the cheese has turned golden brown.
- The cheese should be golden brown when you flip the okonomiyaki over. (Be careful not to let it burn!). The okonomiyaki should have puffed up quite a bit at this stage.
- Now for the finish! Spread mustard and okonomiyaki sauce to taste on top.
- Add more okonomiyaki sauce, mayonnaise, aonori seaweed powder and bonito flakes. Enjoy while it's piping hot.
- Also delicious with chopped tomatoes.
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can likewise be beneficial for your skin because it is a superb source of vitamin E. Even though you may already eat lots of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time. To sum up, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
How to make Okonomiyaki (Japanese pizza / Japanese pancake). It's fluffy and super delicious Japanese food you can make at home. Okonomi means "how you want it," and an okonomiyaki is one of the world's most infinitely adaptable dishes. A low ratio of flour to liquid and grated mountain yam give this okonomiyaki a creamy, light texture in the center. · This okonomiyaki recipe is SO easy and fun to make! It's a frittata-like savory Japanese pancake with a Okonomiyaki - A cheap, easy, tasty family meal. I have seen other okonomiyaki recipes using dashi and yakisoba. That sounds more flavorful and I will try those recipes next time. I made this for my family last night and everyone loved it. I am not a great cook but it was very easy. My kids asked for seconds and my husband actually said he could. Best Okonomiyaki Recipe: Okonomiyak is easy to make! Our favorite "best" Osaka Okonomiyaki recipe (also called Kansai style Okonomiyai) is immediately below, and further down you will find even simpler recipes for the batter that don't require as many specialized ingredients and still taste great. This Okonomiyaki recipe is a framework for making a delicious traditional Japanese pancake (whether you're vegan or not). Since Okonomiyaki means "cooked as you like it" in Japanese, I've listed a bunch of suggestions to come up with your own creative version of this dish. Okonomiyaki are Japanese savoury pancakes packed with flavour and SO easy to make! Okonomiyaki are Japanese savoury pancakes packed with flavour and We first tried okonomiyaki with our Osaka-mum Rieko and her friend Noriko. They took us to their favourite. Okonomiyaki Recipe (with endless variations!) So quick and easy to make, Okonomiyaki has always been a favorite in our family. When I was a little kid we used to call it "okonomi-yummy"! This time I made it with bacon, however thinly sliced pork is the original version.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food our family recipe for fluffy and creamy okonomiyaki recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!