Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, flying game, bacon, leek, shallot & mushroom pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
This recipe is for two pies and uses a mixture of pheasant, partridge and pigeon and I served the first with parsnip mash and Brussels sprouts, so very seasonal and all from local suppliers. Pour the flaming brandy and shallots into the meat mixture and stir to combine.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook flying game, bacon, leek, shallot & mushroom pie using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Flying Game, Bacon, Leek, Shallot & Mushroom Pie:
- Prepare 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Take 150 g bacon, without rind and in small pieces
- Make ready 2 leeks, sliced
- Make ready 3 banana shallots, sliced
- Prepare 3 carrots, halved longitudinally then halved
- Take 3 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- Make ready 150 g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- Make ready 2 tbsp plain flour plus small quantity for dusting pastry
- Take 300 ml dry white wine
- Take 500 ml chicken stock
- Take 1 tbsp red currant jelly
- Take 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- Get Salt
- Prepare Ground black pepper
- Get 1 kg mixed flying game
- Prepare 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Get 1 tbsp Mirin
- Make ready 2 x 500 g JusRol shortcrust pastry
Instructions to make Flying Game, Bacon, Leek, Shallot & Mushroom Pie:
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a casserole and gently fry the bacon for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining oil and fry the leeks, shallots, garlic and mushrooms for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until all softened but not burnt.
- Add the carrots and stir for 2 minutes.
- Quickly stir in the flour, the add the wine and fast-simmer to reduce by half, stirring frequently.
- Add the stock, stir well and stir in the red currant jelly and crème fraîche.
- Add the meat, stirring gently but thoroughly, bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer cover and cook for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season, stir the mustard and Mirin in well and then remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 6 or electric equivalent (170C Circotherm). Lightly grease the pie dishes. Split each block into 1/3 and 2/3. Lightly flour your work table and roll each portion out as you need it to proceed.
- In each dish, lay a 2/3 portion of pastry. Apportion the meat, etc. equally between the dishes and reserve the cooking liquid coz it’ll make scrumptious gravy! Then lay a 1/3 portion on the top of each dish. Crimp the edges. Make three small incisions in the top of each pie to allow steam to escape. If you want to put one of the pies in the freezer for later, do not make these incisions. However, if the JusRol has already been frozen, then you must cook the pie before freezing.
- Cook the pies in the pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes or until the pastry looks nicely cooked.
- Serve onto warmed plates with your choice of accompaniments.
Be sure to integrate these superfoods into your diet every day. Why not include several beans or blueberries? Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Include whole food grains and nuts. Make sure you include proteins such as soya, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. By eating these superfoods regularly, you should eliminate any problems with gaining weight. Green living offers you a solid diet plan, with all of the right ingredients for better health. Your body will be free of disease as your immune system gets healthier. Prepare for a great future by making positive changes to your eating habits now.
Great recipe for Flying Game, Bacon, Leek, Shallot & Mushroom Pie. This recipe is for two pies and uses a mixture of pheasant, partridge and pigeon and I served the first with parsnip mash and Brussels sprouts, so very seasonal and all from local suppliers. Puff pastry is often used for this. Pour the flaming brandy and shallots into the meat mixture and stir to combine. Put one-quarter of the meat mixture into the mold on top of the bacon slices. Top with half of the bacon, all of the Gruyère, and then the remaining bacon. Pour the egg/cream mixture over top. Place the bacon in a large saute pan over medium-low heat. In large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add cauliflower, broth and herbes de Provence. Add the leeks, salt, pepper and crushed pepper flakes and toss well to coat. Transfer pastry rectangles to a large baking sheet, spacing slightly. Added Italian herbs, dried onions, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the leeks and garlic to bloom. Added the peeled potatoes and cooked in chicken broth until tender. Put the leeks and garlic back into the pan and cooked together for a few minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove pork from fat, and set aside. NEW Grilled Game Bird Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette Bourbon Buffalo Pheasant Strips Sesame Pheasant Bacon Wrapped Maple Glazed Chukar Brandied Pheasant Breast of Pheasant with Mushroom & Ham Stuffing Jalapeno Pheasant Wraps Almond Salmon with Lemon Leek Sauce. Add chicken stock, paprika, lentils, bay leaves, thyme and parsley; bring to a boil. Of course, there's the original, but it gets better. The Brisket Grilled Cheese is made on buttery Texas toast with smoked beef brisket and four different types of cheese.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food flying game, bacon, leek, shallot & mushroom pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!