Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, feta & spinach quiche. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
It is a crumbly aged cheese, commonly produced in blocks. It's used in all sorts of dishes, from appetizers to desserts.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook feta & spinach quiche using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Feta & Spinach Quiche:
- Get Dough
- Take 210 g flour
- Prepare 1 egg yolk
- Take 70 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- Prepare Pinch salt
- Take 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
- Make ready 45 ml cold water (aprox. 5 tbsp)
- Get If you don't have time to make the dough, you can use a shortcrust from the supermarket, it works well too
- Take Filling
- Get 250 g spinach
- Prepare Small Handful chopped Mint
- Get 100 g feta cheese
- Get 2 large eggs + the egg white left from the dough
- Make ready 1 medium onion chopped
- Make ready 1 garlic clove chopped
- Get Pinch pepper
- Prepare Pinch salt
- Make ready Pinch Nutmeg or mixed spices
Instructions to make Feta & Spinach Quiche:
- Cook the spinach in a saucepan until it's soft and still bright green, you will know it's ready when it reduces its size and you can see the liquid at the bottom. Set aside with the lid on.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder. Add the butter and mix it well with your fingers until it looks like breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and the water. Knead the dough until the ingredients are integrated. Leave it to rest for 10 minutes, wrapped in cling film in the fridge.
- In another bowl, break the feta into small pieces, I like to crumble it with my hands if the feta is not too soft. Add the spinach, drained and slightly cut into smaller bits. Season with salt and pepper, add the onions, the garlic, the mint, and the nutmeg, or mixed spices if you like more seasoning. Set aside.
- Stretch the dough on a sheet of baking paper, approximately 5 mm thin and enough to cover the edges of the tin.
- Put the tin (25 cm round tin) upside down in the middle of the dough, place one hand under the paper (between the surface and the dough), the other hand on the tin, lift altogether and flip. With the dough facing up, shape it inside the tin and make sure the baking paper is not trapped in a fold. Remove the paper carefully.
- Once all the edges are done, add the eggs, the egg white and, mix the filling once more, to bring all the ingredients together again, then pour it in.
- Place it in the oven at 200 degrees (fan) for 30 minutes or until you see the edges golden and the also the top. Enjoy!
Your daily diet need to have at least several of these super foods. First off, beans are excellent, and berries, in particular blueberries. Then, try to add a few veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Don’t forget whole food grains and nuts. Additionally, you may wish to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soy, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Eating from this list of foods, you won’t ever have to worry about gaining weight again. Observing a green living eating plan will offer you just what you need for good health. You will discover that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to ward off disease. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits today.
Feta (Greek: φέτα, féta) is a brined curd white cheese made in Greece from sheep milk or from a mixture of sheep and goat milk. It is a crumbly aged cheese, commonly produced in blocks. Feta is a soft, white, brined cheese that was originally part of the Mediterranean cuisine. It's used in all sorts of dishes, from appetizers to desserts. Watch this video from our "Everything is Betta with Feta" event in New York where famous foodbloggers joined us and helped us spread the word that "Feta is. Find feta cheese stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. Feta is the most well-known cheese in Greece. It is a soft, white, brined cheese that is very nutritious and is an excellent source of calcium. As part of Mediterranean cuisine, this cheese is used in all sorts. Many people associate feta with Greece, and rightly so–feta has been made in Greece for Feta has been registered as a Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) product, and so according to European. Try our recipes for lamb chops with feta and lemon or a classic Greek salad. Feta is a wonderful cheese to cook with - it's crumbly, light and full of rich flavors. Use feta in salads, pastas and other recipes. From Greek φέτα (féta), from Italian fetta ("slice"). Homophones: fetter (in non-rhotic accents). feta (countable and uncountable, plural fetas). A variety of curd cheese made from sheep's or goat's milk and originating from Greece. feta cheese, fetta cheese. Great on toast: Yotam Ottolenghi's smoky marinated feta. 'Everything's better with feta' is often said in jest (and with an East End twang to make it rhyme nicely) but, in retrospect, feta really does seem. Definitely consider this recipe as more of a guideline. It works as is but is infinitely flexible should you want Crumble the feta into a bowl.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food feta & spinach quiche recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!