Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, turkish feta cheese parcels. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Turkish Feta Cheese Parcels is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Turkish Feta Cheese Parcels is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook turkish feta cheese parcels using 15 ingredients and 30 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Turkish Feta Cheese Parcels:
- Prepare 5 cups All propose flour
- Prepare 1 cup regular warm Milk
- Get 1 cup warm Water
- Take 3/4 th cup Olive oil or any other Vegetable oil
- Prepare 1 cup Yoghurt/curd
- Take 2 tablespoon Sugar
- Take 1 teaspoon Salt
- Prepare 1 teaspoon dry active Yeast
- Get 100 gm melted Butter
- Take 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Get 1 Egg yolk to brush/for vegetarian use milk for brushing
- Prepare For Stuffing
- Get 200 gm Feta Cheese
- Prepare 1 handful chopped Parsley or Coriander leaves
- Prepare 6-7 chopped Olives
Steps to make Turkish Feta Cheese Parcels:
- Take 1cup of warm water and 1 cup of warm milk in a container.
- Add 2 tablespoon of sugar and 1 teaspoon of yeast.
- Mix and keep aside for 8 to 10 minutes to broom the yeast.
- When yeast brooms transfer the mixture to a big mixing bowl.
- Add oil,yoghurt (normal temperature) and salt to the yeast mixture.
- Mix well with a fork and slowly add maida or all purpose flour.
- Add 1 cup maida at a time and mix until a very soft and sticky dough forms.I used 5 cups of flour total, you may have little less or more.
- Cover the dough and keep in a moderately hot place for 2 hours or until the dough becomes double in size.
- In the meantime for the stuffing take feta cheese,chopped parsley/coriander leaves, chilli flakes and olives in a bowl.
- Mix everything well and keep aside.
- When the dough becomes double in size take out in a flour dusted working surface of kitchen.
- Knead for few minutes and then make large lemon size balls. I made 12 balls out of the dough.
- Take 100gm butter in a saucepan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Heat them to melt and keep aside.
- Take a ball and roll it to make a thin round sheet/roti.
- Transfer to another place and spread some melted butter with a brush to the surface of the roti.
- Make another roti and spread over the 1st roti.
- Again spread some melted butter over the roti.
- Repeat the process for total 6 times to make 6 layers of roti with melted butter.
- With your hands press and spread the layered roti to make it thin.
- Also use a rolling pin to make the roti thin and big.
- Now cut the sheet/roti with a knife as shown in the picture.
- Take one portion, spread a little and stuff 1 tablespoon of prepared feta cheese mixture.
- Fold the sheet to make a parcel.
- Keep it in lined baking tray.
- Like this make other parcels as you like. There is no definite shape to make, make the parcels as you like.
- I also make them as shown in the picture.
- Keep all the parcels in the baking tray and brush with beaten egg yolks.
- Keep aside the tray again for 20 minutes and then bake them in a preheated oven at 200 degree C for 20 minutes or until they become golden brown.
- Enjoy these super delicious Turkish parcels with a cup of coffee or tea.
These more nutritious food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be good for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It might be that you already feel that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. As you can see, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food turkish feta cheese parcels recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!