Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, super simple congee (chinese rice porridge). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious. Whenever I was sick, Mama Lin would also make a simple congee for me because it is easy to digest. This basic congee recipe is a great starter for making Chinese rice porridge.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook super simple congee (chinese rice porridge) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Super simple congee (Chinese rice porridge):
- Take 1/2 cup jasmine rice
- Take 4 1/2 cups water
- Take 1 oxo cube
- Get Spring onion
- Make ready 100 g spam (half a small can of spam)
- Take Pepper (optional)
- Take Magi (optional)
Instructions to make Super simple congee (Chinese rice porridge):
- Put the rice, water and crush an oxo stock cube into a sauce pan and heat it up.
- Once the water is boiling, lower the heat and simmer for about 20-30 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid it sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- While the main congee is cooking, you can chop the spring onion and cut the spam into small logs.
- Fry up the spam in a separate frying pan. You don’t have to have spam, you can use any other meat that you’d like.
- After about 20-30 minutes of simmering the rice. It should have expanded and taken up more space in the sauce pan. The longer you leave it, the less watery it’ll look. When it gets to your desired consistency, you can ladle some out, add pepper, Magi spicy soy sauce, spring onion and the fried spam and it’s ready to eat.
- When you go back for seconds, or have left it for the next meal, the rice will more than likely expand even more. You can add a little more water to loosen it up and heat it up again.
Your daily diet need to have at least a few of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole grains are a few other essentials. Also, you have to consume yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t have to worry about gaining weight again. Green living offers you a solid eating plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body is likely to be free of disease. You can look forward to a healthy future by modifying your food choices right now.
In case you haven't noticed, we love seafood but we gotta take it in moderation since none of us are getting any younger :p. This basic congee recipe is a great starter for making Chinese rice porridge. It gets umami flavor from dried shrimp and dried scallops. Whenever I was sick, Mama Lin would also make a simple congee for me because it is easy to digest. There are many variations of congee in Chinese cuisine, such as. Congee is Chinese rice porridge, which can be served plain, sweet, or savory. Here are three ways to cook this classic dish. Congee has been a staple in Chinese diets for centuries, and it has played an integral role in traditional Chinese medicine. This simple comfort food is easy to digest and is often. This simple congee rice porridge recipe is made from chicken stock, rice and fresh ginger. Dress up this classic white rice porridge with your favorite savory toppings like bacon, chinese sausage or onions. This Chinese rice porridge is a popular recipe often served for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner. It is often served with Chinese crullers (youtiao, 油條), or fried sticks of dough (somewhat resembling Spanish churros sans sugar and cinnamon) that are dipped into the congee. Popular garnishes include Have you ever had congee? This silky, savory rice porridge is an everyday breakfast in China — and indeed At its heart, congee is an ultra-simple dish. Simmer a small amount of rice in a large amount of Tanumihardja says, "Chicken congee is the Chinese equivalent of chicken noodle soup, cooked. Congee or conjee (/ˈkɒndʒi/) is a type of rice porridge or gruel. The word 'congee' itself is a derivation of the Tamil word kañci or kanji. Congee, one type of rice porridge is one of the most popular staple food in lots of Asian countries, sometimes also served as breakfast. Congee can directly be served as a meal with other stir-fry dishes in summer days.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food super simple congee (chinese rice porridge) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!