Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, apple glazed braised pork belly with fricasse of sweetcorn, lardons and fregola pasta. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
A super flavorful cut, that when prepared right, is tender, juicy. Apple Cider Glazed Pork Chops - Boneless Pork Chops with Apple Cider Reduction Sauce.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook apple glazed braised pork belly with fricasse of sweetcorn, lardons and fregola pasta using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Apple glazed braised Pork belly with fricasse of sweetcorn, lardons and fregola pasta:
- Prepare 1/2 slab pork belly
- Prepare Mirepoix (carrot, celery onions)–optional
- Take Handful ofHerbs (thyme bay leaves)—-essential
- Make ready 250 g Fregola pasta (can also use Israeli couscous, orzo pasta or mini macaroni)
- Take 2 big sized corn on cob (or a can or bag or sweet corn)
- Make ready Butter
- Prepare 1 Diced Apple (1cm cubes)
- Get Kale (or spinach)
- Make ready 2 ltrs Apple juice
- Prepare 1 stick cinnamon (optional)
- Prepare 3 star anise (optional)
- Take 2 tablespoon honey
- Make ready Pork jus/sauce (red wine jus or gravy) Making jus is a long process
- Get 250 g Bacon lardon/pancetta
- Get Chopped Parsley
- Make ready salt
- Take black pepper
- Take oil
Steps to make Apple glazed braised Pork belly with fricasse of sweetcorn, lardons and fregola pasta:
- PORK BELLY In a big pan enough to fit the belly, add enough water to cover the belly like three times Add your mirepoix, herbs and season (carrot, onions, celery, thyme, bay leaves etc) Braise pork belly for a minimum of 7hrs on low-med heat to get tender When ready place the belly gently between two-parchment paper and press with weight, Leave to cool in the fridge, should set and harden in few hours. When set portion into about 5cm squares.
- FREGOLA PASTA Cook the pasta in salted water with a drizzle of (olive) oil. When al dente drain and set aside
- SWEET CORN In a pan with salted water, cook the corn also adding a knob of butter, some thyme and bay leave. When ready cool down one corn and then shave the corn off the husk and set aside. You can avoid this step by using canned or bagged sweet corn.
- SWEETCORN PUREE Shave the other corn whilst hot into a blender with about 50g butter, a pinch of cumin(optional) and a dash of cream(optional). Blend into a wet puree almost like a soup but thicker. If too thick add some water from the boiled corn pan.
- KALE, Blanch a handful of kale in salted water until tender not overcooked
- APPLE CARAMEL GLAZE In a pan, add the 2 litres of apple juice, two table spoons of honey, a cinnamon stick and three star anise. Let it boil and reduce until it comes to 118 degrees celcius or just when its got a nice creamy consistency
- THE FRICASSE, in a pan with a drizzle of oil, toss the lardons until cooked, then add the cooked pasta and sweetcorn, season with salt and black pepper then add chopped parsley to finish.
- THE GLAZED PORK, in another pan with a drizzle of oil, brown off the pork belly on all side and the put the oven for about 5 mins at 180 degrees. once out put in another pan with about 2 spoons of the caramel and coat the pork.
- THE PLATING in a bowl spread about 2 tablespoons of the sweetcorn puree. then serve about 2 tablspoons of the fricasse on the puree. The galzed pork belly goes straight on the fricassse with about 4-5 pieces of kale around the pork. place your dice apples on the pork or around it, sauce and serve
Make sure you add these superfoods into your daily diet. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Add in whole cereals and nuts. Moreover, you may want to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soy, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Eating from this list of foods, you will never have to worry about your weight again. You will enjoy great health when you choose to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body is likely to be free of disease. You can anticipate a healthy future by modifying your food choices now.
Pork Belly is the cut that bacon and made of, and is therefore, a gift from the God. A super flavorful cut, that when prepared right, is tender, juicy. Pork Osso Buco - Braised Pork Shanks Recipe. Apple Cider Glazed Pork Chops - Boneless Pork Chops with Apple Cider Reduction Sauce. Red Braised Pork Belly 紅燒肉 (Chinese Style Glazed Pork Belly) Using Rock Sugar. Pork Belly With Soy Sauce Recipe. Red Braised Pork Belly 紅燒肉 (Chinese Style Glazed Pork Belly) Using Rock Sugar. Pork Belly With Soy Sauce Recipe. Master Chef John Zhang shows you tips and simple steps on making Braised pork belly or Dong Po Rou (東坡肉) which is an iconic traditional Chinese braised pork. This braised pork belly recipe, or "dong po rou" in Chinese, is a beautiful, traditional, and incredibly easy dish to make. Wash the pork belly as a whole piece. Blanch it whole in boiling water for one minute and drain. This process gets rid of any impurities and also allows. Dry the pork belly skin with kitchen paper. Mix the apples with the onions, sage and a little freshly ground black pepper and arrange in the middle of a small roasting tin. Remove the pork from the oven and place it on top of the apples and onions, keeping the apple and onion pieces underneath the. This method for roasting pork belly guarantees crispy crackling and tender meat. The spiced apple sauce is the perfect accompaniment, too. Place the scored pork belly, skin-side up, on a wire rack in a roasting tray. Squeeze the lemon juice over the skin.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food apple glazed braised pork belly with fricasse of sweetcorn, lardons and fregola pasta recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!