Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, use-up vegetable stir-fry. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have use-up vegetable stir-fry using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Use-up Vegetable Stir-fry:
- Prepare 1 tbsp vegetable oil (cold-pressed recommended)
- Make ready 1 onion, in half-moon slices
- Prepare 2 small leeks, thinly sliced
- Prepare 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Make ready 1 tsp ginger paste
- Make ready 1 red chili, sliced. I leave the seeds in but that’s optional
- Prepare 80 g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- Prepare 150 g sugar-snap peas
- Prepare 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Prepare 125 g baby sweetcorn
- Prepare 300 g carrot, in thin batons
- Make ready 1/4 Savoy cabbage, shredded with stalk diced small
- Make ready 2 tbsp Mirin rice wine (optional)
- Take 2 tbsp soy sauce (I use Pearl River Bridge Dark sauce)
- Take 1 (120 g) pack Black Bean or Chow Mein or Oyster & Spring Onion sauce
- Take 300/450 g ready-to-wok noodles (2/3 servings)
- Take 1 pinch sea salt
- Prepare 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Get 1 handful fresh coriander, chopped (to garnish)
Steps to make Use-up Vegetable Stir-fry:
- Heat the oil in a wok and gently fry the onion for 1 minute, only stirring to avoid sticking. Add the leeks, garlic, ginger and chili and cook for a further 3 minutes or until the ingredients are softened but not burnt, stirring gently but frequently.
- Increase the heat, add the rest of the vegetables and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes, or until al dente.
- Add the mirin, soy sauce, chosen sauce, stir thoroughly and immediately add the noodles.
- Cook for 2 minutes, turning and tossing frequently. Quickly add the seasoning and serve onto warm dishes. Sprinkle on the coriander and enjoy.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also terrific for your skin. Even though you may already consume a lot of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a great choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time. Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food use-up vegetable stir-fry recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!