Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, grilled rice in banana leaves/nasi bakar. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook grilled rice in banana leaves/nasi bakar using 27 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Grilled Rice in Banana Leaves/Nasi Bakar:
- Take For the rice (cook in rice cooker)
- Prepare 2.5 cup rice
- Get 1.5 cup coconut milk and 1 cup of water
- Prepare 1 pcs lemongrass, take the white part, pound and cut in big section
- Get 2 Indonesian bay leaves
- Prepare 2 cm galangal/blue ginger (smashed)
- Take to taste Salt and chicken seasoning
- Prepare For the chicken filling
- Take 300 gr breast chicken meat
- Make ready Stinky beans (petai/pete) skip this if you don’t like
- Take 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Prepare Salt, pepper, sugar
- Make ready 3 lime leaves (remove the hard part and slice thinly)
- Make ready Spice Paste (put everything in food processor)
- Get 4 pcs big red chillies
- Get 2 pcs chilli padi / bird’s eye chilli (omit this if you don’t want spicy)
- Get 5 shallots
- Make ready 3 garlic cloves
- Make ready 2 candle nuts
- Get 2 cm fresh ginger
- Take 2 cm fresh turmeric
- Get 2 cm galangal/blue ginger
- Get 1 stalk lemongrass, take only the white part and finely mince
- Make ready Others:
- Make ready Fried silver fish (store bought)
- Take leaves Basil
- Get Banana leaves to wrap
Steps to make Grilled Rice in Banana Leaves/Nasi Bakar:
- Rinse the rice. Add the rice, lemongrass, bay leaves, galangal, salt, coconut milk & water and cook in rice cooker according to the instruction. Once cooked, taste and add any salt/seasoning if it is not salty enough. Mix with fried silver fish. Note: fried silver fish is very salty already so no need to add too much salt to the rice.
- Put all ingredients for the spice paste in food processor until become a very smooth paste.
- For chicken filling: boil the chicken breast until fully cooked and shred the chicken.
- In a pan, heat some oil, fry the spice paste until fragrant and add the shredded chicken and stink beans (if you use them). Season with salt, sugar, pepper, oyster sauce to your taste.
- Clean the banana leaves and soak in boiling water for a few minutes to soften the leaves and to kill any harmful bacteria or virus.
- To assemble: take 2 layer of banana leaves (to make sure the rice won’t leak. Put rice, continued with chicken fillings, add some basil leaves on top, and wrap everything together, secure the sides with toothpicks
- Some recipe said that we can steam the rice again for 10 minutes to make sure all tastes blend together (but you can skip this step)
- Grilled this wrapped rice in your griller. I use happycall pan as I do not have a griller :)
- Ready to serve :) It is very fragrant and tasty.
- Note: as this recipe calls for many steps, we can clean the banana leaves the day before. Maybe cook the rice or the fillings the day before (don’t forget to keep it in the fridge if you keep it overnight) and just assemble and grilled the wrapped rice before you serve it.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be good for your skin since it is a superb source of vitamin E. It might be that you already believe that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time. Obviously, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food grilled rice in banana leaves/nasi bakar recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!