Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, minestrone soup. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Minestrone Soup is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Minestrone Soup is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook minestrone soup using 18 ingredients and 32 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Minestrone Soup:
- Prepare 1 clove garlic
- Make ready 1 red onion
- Take 2 carrots
- Make ready 2 stalks celery
- Make ready 1 courgette/zucchini
- Prepare 1 small leek
- Get 1 large potato
- Prepare 1 x 400g (15 oz) tin or can of cannellini beans
- Make ready 2 slices higher-welfare smoked streaky bacon
- Get olive oil
- Take 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Get 1 fresh bay leaf
- Get 2 x 400g (14-oz) tins or cans plum tomatoes
- Make ready 1 litre (4 cups) organic vegetable stock
- Prepare 1 large handful of seasonal greens, such as savoy cabbage, curly kale, chard
- Get 100 g (4 oz) wholemeal pasta
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 bunch fresh basil (optional)
- Prepare Parmesan cheese
Instructions to make Minestrone Soup:
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Trim and roughly chop the carrots.
- Trim and roughly chop the celery.
- Trim and roughly chop the courgette/zucchini.
- Then add the vegetables to a large bowl.
- Cut the ends off the leeks, quarter them lengthways.
- Wash them under running water…
- Then cut into 1cm slices. Add to the bowl.
- Scrub and dice the potato.
- Drain the cannellini beans, then set aside.
- Finely slice the bacon.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the bacon…
- And fry gently for 2 minutes, or until golden.
- Add the garlic, onion, carrots, celery, courgette/zucchini, and leek.
- Add oregano and bay.
- Cook slowly for about 15 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the potato, cannellini beans and plum tomatoes….
- Then pour in the vegetable stock.
- Stir well, breaking up the tomatoes with the back of a spoon.
- Cover with a lid and bring everything slowly to the boil, then simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the potato is cooked through. Meanwhile…
- Remove and discard any tough stalks bits from the greens…
- Then roughly chop.
- Using a rolling pin, bash the pasta into pieces while it’s still in the packet or wrap in a clean tea towel.1. To check the potato is cooked, pierce a chunk of it with a sharp knife – if it pierces easily, it’s done.
- Add the greens and pasta to the pan, and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente.
- This translates as ‘to the tooth’ and means that it should be soft enough to eat, but still have a bit of a bite and firmness to it.
- Try some just before the time is up to make sure you cook it perfectly.
- Add a splash more stock or water to loosen, if needed.
- Pick over the basil leaves (if using) and stir through.
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper, then serve with a grating of Parmesan and a slice of wholemeal bread, if you like.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. While you may already eat lots of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time. Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food minestrone soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!