Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, beef kare-kare. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook beef kare-kare using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Beef Kare-Kare:
- Take 1 kilo beef cut into cubes
- Take 100 g Bok Choy (Chinese cabbage) cut
- Make ready 100 g yardlong beans cut into 2 inch long
- Prepare 4 eggplants sliced/cut
- Prepare 3 cups water
- Make ready 1 cup ground peanuts or 5 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Make ready 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Make ready 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 3 tablespoons warm water
- Get 1 medium sized onion diced
- Take 5 cloves garlic minced
- Take to taste Salt and pepper
- Get Cooking oil
- Take Shrimp paste/bagoong
- Make ready Optional: 3 tbs annatto seeds soaked in a cup of water for colour
Steps to make Beef Kare-Kare:
- Saute garlic and onion in oil until garlic is light golden brown and onion is translucent. Set aside.
- Using the same pan earlier, cook beef for about 30-45 minutes or until tender. Push beef to the side of the pan and add sliced eggplants. Fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add cooked garlic and onion, pour in 3 cups water (if using annatto seeds, replace 1 cup of water used to doak seeds in) and dissolved cornstarch and bring to a boil. Add ground peanuts/peanut butter, fish sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Add yardlong beans and bok choy/pechay and simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Note: Some prefer to blanch their veggies in hot water to cook separately from the meat and sauce to retain crispiness of vegetables.
- Serve over steamed rice and a little bit of bagoong/shrimp paste on the side.
You must have a few superfoods in your diet everyday. Why not eat several beans or blueberries? Then, try adding several green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole cereals are a couple of other superfoods to add. Also, you may wish to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya bean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. When you consume these superfoods daily, you should not have to worry about any weight gain problems. Green living provides you with a great diet plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. Your body will be free of disease as your immune system gets healthier. Prepare for a great future by modifying your eating habits right now.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food beef kare-kare recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!