Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, turkey escalopes and cheddar sauce. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have turkey escalopes and cheddar sauce using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Turkey Escalopes and Cheddar Sauce:
- Take 3/4 cup sharp cheddar, grated
- Get 1/3 cup butter
- Take 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- Get 2 1/2 cup milk plus extra if needed, to let down cheese sauce
- Take 1/2 tsp English mustard powder or French Dijon mustard (optional)
- Get 1 pinch Salt and white pepper
- Take 3 turkey breast steaks
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup flour (for the turkey steaks)
- Prepare 2 eggs, beaten
- Prepare 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- Take 3 tbsp vegetable oil, for frying
Instructions to make Turkey Escalopes and Cheddar Sauce:
- Start by making the cheddar sauce: Melt butter in a saucepan, then mix in flour to make a roux.
- Add milk a quarter cup at a time, mixing each one in thoroughly before adding the next.
- Keep stirring until sauce is silky. Add mustard, white pepper and a pinch of salt. Stir.
- Add the cheese and leave it to melt in. Set it aside off the heat.
- Prepare three wide shallow dishes, one with flour, one with egg and one with breadcrumbs.
- Put one turkey steak into a plastic bag and use a heavy implement (like a rolling pin) to gently flatten out it out to about half its thickness.
- Take the turkey steak out of the bag and place it first in the flour, covering it lightly, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Move it to a baking sheet.
- Repeat for all three steaks.
- Heat the oil in two saute pans, one large, one small.
- Fry turkey escalopes for 6-8 minutes each side on a medium heat. Be careful not to burn the breadcrumbs, and turn down the heat if this starts to happen.
- When escalopes are cooked, move the pans off the heat and bring the cheddar sauce back to reheat on a medium low heat. You may need a few splashes of extra milk whisked into it to loosen it up again.
- Serve escalopes alongside your favourite vegetables and some potatoes in the form that is most convenient and suited to your taste ;) Pour over cheddar sauce.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It can likewise be good for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. If you presently consume plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. All in all, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food turkey escalopes and cheddar sauce recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!