Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, three sisters stew. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Three Sisters Stew is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Three Sisters Stew is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have three sisters stew using 28 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Three Sisters Stew:
- Prepare Hot soak
- Take 8 cups water
- Take Stew
- Get 2-1/2 cup dried pinto beans
- Make ready 4 cups winter squash
- Take 2 ears corn
- Prepare 1 large onion
- Take 2 medium carrots
- Take 2/3 pound ground sirloin/buffalo/ venison either one
- Get 1/4 pound smoked bacon
- Prepare 48 ounces beef broth
- Make ready To taste salt
- Take 1 teaspoons ground sage
- Take 1 teaspoons whole leaf dried oregano
- Get 1 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- Get 1 teaspoons finely ground black pepper
- Prepare Fall apart/ fry Dumplings
- Prepare 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- Prepare 1 tablespoon molasses
- Prepare 1 tablespoon sugar
- Get 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Get 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- Take 1 teaspoon ground sage
- Take 2 large eggs
- Take 1 teaspoon double acting baking powder
- Take 1/4 cup hot water
- Make ready 1 cup self rising cornbread mix
Steps to make Three Sisters Stew:
- Wash and look the beans over remove any debris, bad beans, or stones. Add to a pot add 8 cups water. Bring to a boil for 10 minutes. Cover and turn off heat and let soak for 1 hour. Drain after an hour and rinse the beans. Add to a pot.
- While you wait peel and remove seeds from the winter squash. Save the seeds to plant or toast.
- Now that it is peeled slice and cube the squash.
- Remove the corn from the cob.
- Dice the bacon. Add the squash, beans, and corn to the broth.
- Add the spices, the wash, peel, and dice the carrots. Dice the bacon and add them to the stew. Rest of the ingredients are added now for the stew. Let simmer for 45 minutes.
- Everything is done.
- Now for the fall apart dumplings. Add all the ingredients except the hot water and cornbread mix. I had a 1/2 cup of hot water, but only used 1/4 cup. The more water I had it was easier to hold heat. Ease the water in till you use a 1/4 cup.
- Let rest 15 minutes so the baking powder and cornmeal can work keep covered. Add in the cornbread mix.
- It will tighten up just a bit. Spoon in the fall apart dumplings till you have about this much in the picture left. That's for frying. Add 2 cups of water to the stew to help it not burn or get too thick.
- Heat a skillet add the remaining mixture to the hot skillet and fry. When the bubble craters appear it's time to turn. Turn it, cover it for 3 minutes. Then just turn off the heat. Let rest in skillet covered till ready to eat. This will let it rise a bit and get done.
- Let the stew rest covered and off the heat. I added the fried dumpling to the bowl and dipped the stew on top. I hope you enjoy!
These more nutritious food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. It might be that you already think that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time. Obviously, it’s easy to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food three sisters stew recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!