Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, slow cooker carnitas. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook slow cooker carnitas using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Carnitas:
- Take Pork Shoulder (Boneless is Easier)
- Take Adobo Seasoning
- Take Black Pepper
- Prepare Salt
- Get Sazon (cilantro con achiote)
- Get Slow Cooker
Instructions to make Slow Cooker Carnitas:
- Turn your Slow Cooker on Lo.
- Rub your Pork Shoulder with all of the spices. I don't have exact measurements, more of like just eyeball it. I like a lot of seaaoning.
- Put the lid on and cook on Lo for 8 hrs. Don't add anything else.
- Remove lid use a fork to gently pull apart the pork. It will mostly shred on it's own. You can drain the excess juice if you want. And when making tacos I heat a little oil in a frying pan on medium high and put a serving of the shredded pork in there just to crispen it up a little bit. Also these Carnitas left overs (if you have some) make fantastic nachos the next day. Just Saying!
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. If you currently consume lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time. Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food slow cooker carnitas recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!