Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, english-style christmas pudding. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Unlike American puddings, a Christmas pudding is a dark, sticky, and dense sponge, more like a fruitcake, made of mixed dried fruit, candied fruit peel, apple, and citrus zests. Christmas Pudding is pure tradition and worth doing from scratch if only once, for first-time pudding makers this is foolproof!
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have english-style christmas pudding using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make English-Style Christmas Pudding:
- Prepare 140 grams Fresh panko
- Make ready 140 grams Unsalted butter
- Make ready 120 grams Soft light brown sugar
- Make ready 2 Eggs
- Take 300 grams Dried fruit (of your choice)
- Get 1 etc. Rum raisins, currants, cranberries, apple chps,
- Make ready 2 tbsp Brandy (brandy for confectionery-use is OK)
- Prepare 20 grams Honey
- Take 30 grams Caramel sauce
- Prepare 50 grams Bread flour
- Get 10 grams Your choice of spices:
- Get 1 etc. Cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice,
Instructions to make English-Style Christmas Pudding:
- Cream together the butter (that has been left to warm to room temperature) and sugar.
- Once smooth, add the eggs, one at a time, then the dried fruit, brandy, honey, and caramel sauce in that order.
- Then mix in the panko, flour, and spices.
- Grease a pudding dish with butter, dust with flour (both not listed in ingredients), and pour in the batter from Step 3.
- Steam-bake the pudding for 40-50 minutes at 170°C.
- Once baked, quickly cover it tightly with aluminium foil. Then remove the pudding from the dish once cooled. This pudding tastes great served with whipped cream.
- My son made this candle out of a banana and a strawberry to go with it.
You must have a number of superfoods in your diet daily. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole food grains are a couple of other foods to include. Also, you may want to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya bean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. When you eat these superfoods daily, you should not have to worry about any weight gain problems. Green living provides you with a healthy eating plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. Your body will become disease free as your immune system gets healthier. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits now.
No British Christmas is complete without a Christmas pudding. Unlike American puddings, a Christmas pudding is a dark, sticky, and dense sponge, more like a fruitcake, made of mixed dried fruit, candied fruit peel, apple, and citrus zests. Brandy and spices provide a deep, complex flavor and signature dark color. Christmas Pudding is pure tradition and worth doing from scratch if only once, for first-time pudding makers this is foolproof! Also as it does take a fair time to steam, make things easier for yourself by preparing the pudding up to the end of *** stage the day before. Christmas Pudding, therefore, is translated to "Christmas Dessert". It is a quintessential British treat which is steamed (to cook it and reheat it) and then doused with brandy and set alight before serving, which is part of the Christmas tradition. It really is a fun way to end Christmas dinner! Great recipe for English-Style Christmas Pudding. My sons loved Harry Potter so for a time I became obsessed with British cooking. I made a simple yet authentic pudding for them that uses bread crumbs. I served it with Harry Potter-style butterbeer. You can also make the breadcrumbs from scratch. Remove the pudding from the mold and place on a decorative plate. Serve warm or at room temperature. At the table, pour the Cognac over the pudding and carefully light the alcohol to create a flame. Let the flame burn until it disappears by itself (which only takes a few seconds), then cut the pudding and serve. You may have seen illustrations in the classic novel, 'A Christmas Carol' by Charles Dickens, depicting a flaming pudding being carried proudly to the table. Similar imagery is still used in advertisements in the UK today. Christmas pudding is still a seriously big.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food english-style christmas pudding recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!