Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chile chicken stew. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chile Chicken Stew is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Chile Chicken Stew is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chile chicken stew using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chile Chicken Stew:
- Take 3.5 pounds chicken thighs and/or drums, seasoned with 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
- Take an additional 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Prepare 2 teaspoons neutral flavored oil
- Take 1 medium onion, peeled, halved, and cut into 1/4-inch wide slices
- Take 1 large fresh poblano chile, cut into 1/4-inch wide strips (You can use any number of other fresh green chilies you like.)
- Make ready 2 medium tomatoes, cored and quartered
- Take 5 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- Get 1.5 teaspoons dried pasilla chile powder
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon ground achiote
- Take 1 bay leaf
- Get optional: 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chipotle powder for heat and smokiness
- Get 1.5 Tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- Take 1.5 cups water
Steps to make Chile Chicken Stew:
- In a large pot, bring your oil up to medium high heat and sear the chicken on both sides for 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Stir in your onion, pepper, garlic, tomatoes, and saute for 3 or 4 minutes, until the onions start to turn translucent.
- Add the pasilla, achiote, and bay, (and chipotle if you're using it) and stir it into the rest of the ingredients, and let them bloom a bit in the hot oil.
- Add the lime juice, water, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt, give the mixture a couple of stirs, and cover completely until you hear the stew boiling (should be 5 to 7 minutes).
- At that point, set the lid slightly askew (like an 1/8" opening on one side), turn the heat down to medium low, and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. If you can scrape any burnt solids from the bottom of the pot during this process, your heat's a little too high, and you should adjust it down slightly.
- Remove the lid and continue to simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes to allow the liquids to reduce and concentrate in flavor. About halfway into this last simmer period is when you should taste the stew and adjust the seasoning for more salt and/or spices if you like. This will give the added seasoning time to meld. Always increase salt and spices in small amounts - you can always add, but you can't subtract.
- Taco style. :)
Your daily diet should include at least some of these super foods. Why not eat a few beans or blueberries? Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Include whole food grains and nuts. Be sure to eat proteins such as soya, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, and also orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. When you eat these superfoods regularly, you should not have to worry about any weight gain problems. Following a green living eating plan will provide you with exactly what you need to be healthy. Your body will be free of disease as your immune system improves. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits right now.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food chile chicken stew recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!