Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, puerto rican picadillo. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have puerto rican picadillo using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Puerto Rican Picadillo:
- Make ready 3 lbs. Ground Chuck
- Make ready 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Make ready 6-10 Cloves Minced Garlic (your preference)
- Take 1 Medium / Large Onion Cubed
- Make ready 1 Green Bell Pepper Cubed
- Prepare 1/3-1/2 Cup Sofrito (I have a recipe for this)
- Prepare 1 packet Sazon with Culantro and Achiote
- Prepare 1/3 Cup toasted Almonds
- Prepare 2/3 Cup halved Green Olives
- Take 1/3 Cup Capers
- Take 1/2 Cup Raisins
- Take 1 tsp. each Salt and Pepper
- Get 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- Make ready 1 tsp. Ground Cloves
- Take 2 Bay Leaves
- Prepare 1 can Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- Get 2 Tbsp White Vinegar
Steps to make Puerto Rican Picadillo:
- In 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, sweat the Onion, Bell Pepper, Garlic, Sofrito, and Sazon for 5-6 minutes. Remove and set aside in bowl.
- Add remaining Tbsp of Olive Oil and brown Ground Chuck. When browned, drain fat and add Onion, Bell Pepper, Garlic and Sofrito mixture to skillet and set aside.
- In small skillet, simmer Vinegar, Olives, Capers, Raisins, Salt and Pepper, Cinnamon, Cloves and Bay leaves for up to 10 - 12 minutes stirring to distribute flavors.
- In separate skillet, toast the almonds. You want them brown, but not burned. These add a very nice texture!! When done, add them to the meat mixture.
- At this point, add the Olive and Caper mixture (in step 3) to the Ground Chuck mixture. Add Almonds and Diced Tomatoes. Bring up to heat and turn to simmer for approximately one hour. You're going to LOVE how your house is smelling.
- There's just something about my Caldero that makes this so much better. Not necessary though.
Make sure you add these superfoods into your diet every day. Why not eat some beans or blueberries? Next, try adding several green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Include whole grains and nuts. Also, you need to consume yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. Eating from this list of foods, you won’t ever have a weight problem again. You will enjoy great health once you choose to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be better, and your body can potentially be free of disease. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits today.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food puerto rican picadillo recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!