Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, neck bones puerto rican. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook neck bones puerto rican using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Neck Bones Puerto Rican:
- Prepare 4-5 pounds pork neck bones
- Make ready 1/2 tsp Allspice
- Get 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Take 1/2 tsp Smoked Spanish Paprika
- Make ready 3 Tbsp Olive Oil - Separated 2/1
- Get 2 Bay Leaves
- Prepare 3 Tbsp Sofrito (can be store bought or homemade)
- Get 1 Tbsp +/- Fresh Garlic
- Get 1 medium Onion halved in rings
- Take 1 packet Sazon seasoning with Culantro and Achiote
- Get 1-8 oz can Tomato Sauce
- Get 2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Make ready 1/4 Cup Pimento Stuffed Olives
- Make ready 1/4 Cup Capers +/-
- Make ready 1 tsp +/- Salt
- Take 1 tso +/- Black Pepper
Steps to make Neck Bones Puerto Rican:
- Combine Allspice, Cumin and Paprika. Dust both sides of Neck Bones.
- In 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil, brown Neck Bones on both sides. When finished, place in bottom of slow cooker on top of Bay Leaves. Add Red Wine Vinegar.
- In 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, sautee Sofrito until oils release and are fragrant. Halfway through, add the Onions and Garlic taking care not to burn the garlic.
- Add the Sazon packet and Tomato Sauce to the Sofrito mixture and stir to combine.
- At the end of the sautee, add Salt and Pepper
- Pour mixture over the top of the browned Neck Bones.
- Put Olives and Capers on top of Sofrito mixture and sprinkle Oregano on top.
- Set slow cooker to low for 6 hrs.
- Neck Bones should be easily removed at serving time.
Be sure to incorporate these superfoods into your daily diet. Why not eat several beans or blueberries? Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Walnuts and whole grains are a couple of other foods to include. Furthermore, you have to consume yogurt, soya bean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. If you eat these superfoods, you won’t ever have to worry about your weight again. You will enjoy optimal health as you decide to eat the green living way. Your body will ward off diseases as your immune system improves. You can anticipate a healthy future by modifying your food choices now.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food neck bones puerto rican recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!