Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, bacon brussel sprouts gratin. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook bacon brussel sprouts gratin using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin:
- Take 1 1/2 pounds brussel sprouts, halved
- Prepare 8 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Take 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Take 1/2 cup fontina cheese, grated, optional
- Make ready 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Make ready 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Prepare 1 egg
- Prepare 1 sprig fresh rosemary, minced
- Prepare 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Get 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- Make ready to taste Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Instructions to make Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin:
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Place brussel sprouts in a baking dish and toss in olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until semi-softened.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together egg, heavy cream, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder and red pepper flakes (if using), then stir in cheeses.
- Remove brussel sprouts from oven and add 3/4 of the bacon to the baking dish. Pour cheese mixture over the top and stir everything together, then top with remaining bacon.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350º, return baking dish to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and just set.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving.
These changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. Even though you may already consume lots of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold. All in all, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food bacon brussel sprouts gratin recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!