Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, whole wheat bagels. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Whole Wheat Bagels is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Whole Wheat Bagels is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook whole wheat bagels using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Whole Wheat Bagels:
- Take 150 grams Bread (strong) flour
- Make ready 100 grams Whole wheat flour
- Take 15 grams Brown sugar
- Get 4 grams Salt
- Prepare 2 grams Dry yeast
- Make ready 150 ml Water
- Take 1 fill the pot with water 4-5 cm high from the base Water for kettling
- Prepare 1 use enough to colour the water dark brown Brown sugar for kettling
Instructions to make Whole Wheat Bagels:
- Preparation: Sift the bread flour, brown sugar and salt if there are any lumps. Preheat the oven to 230℃ so as to bake the bagels straight away after kettling. However, do not preheat the oven for too long because the temperature will be too high and the bagels may burn.
- Put the bread flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, salt and dry yeast in a bowl. Toss lightly, add water and mix well.
- After mixing to a dough start to knead until smooth on a floured work surface. Knead for about 20 minutes although you will still feel the coarseness from the whole wheat flour after 20 minutes. If necessary dampen your hand to knead the dough if it is too stiff. Dust the work surface with some flour if the dough is too wet.
- After the dough is elastic shape into a ball. Divide the dough into 4 portions and shape into balls. Cover with plastic wrap and moistened kitchen paper. Leave to rest for 10 minutes. If you're using dried fruit, mix it in when you form your balls.
- I will show you how to shape the dough into bagel rings in detail. Roll out into a 10-cm-diameter round after resting the portioned dough.
- Fold both sides towards the centre to make the ends straight as in this picture.
- Roll up the dough from the front. When you roll press the dough hard with your fingers to make dense-textureed bagels.
- Seal the end by squeezing the dough together with your fingers. Roll into a 20-cm-long sausage shape. When you do this try to make both ends slightly thicker.
- Flatten one end of the sausage shape and wrap the other end to seal the ring. If you do not seal the ends tightly at this point they might come apart later.
- Shape the dough nicely with the seam side down.
- Place the prepared dough onto parchment paper and cover with plastic wrap or a plate. Leave to prove for 30-40 minutes until the dough has doubled in size. It takes more or less time depending on the room's temperature.
- After proving cook the dough. Heat the kettling water with the brown sugar in it and drop the dough in to cook for 30 to 40 seconds. Keep the water gently simmering. If the temperature is too high the bagel will form wrinkles on the surface. I start to preheat the oven at this point.
- This is the dough just after proving and before kettling. The two at the bottom have dried blue berries.
- This is after kettling. Can you see the difference? They have doubled in size after kettling.
- Put them in the preheated oven straight away after kettling (if the oven isn't completely preheated it's fine to wait until it is). Bake at 230℃ for about 11 minutes.
Your daily diet need to have at least a few of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole cereals are a few other essentials. Furthermore, you need to eat yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. Eating from this list of foods, you will never have to worry about your weight again. You will enjoy great health when you decide to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be better, and your body is likely to be free of disease. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits right now.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food whole wheat bagels recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!