Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, christmas pudding. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have christmas pudding using 18 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Christmas Pudding:
- Prepare 8 oz shredded suet, vegetarian is fine
- Prepare 1 dessert spoon mixed spice
- Get 1/2 tea spoon grated nutmeg
- Take 1/4 tea spoon ground cinnamon
- Get 4 oz self raising flour
- Take 1 lb soft Brown sugar (I used muscovado)
- Prepare 12 oz white breadcrumbs (from stale bread) **
- Make ready 12 oz sultanas
- Get 1 lb currants
- Get 4 oz glace cherries, quartered
- Make ready 2 oz chopped almonds
- Get 2 oz chopped candied mixed peel
- Get Finely grated peel (zest) of 1 orange and 1 lemon
- Make ready 1 green Apple, peeled cored and finely chopped
- Get 4 eggs
- Take 10 fl oz stout (I used Guinness) ##
- Take 4 Tablespoons brandy or dark rum, or substitute orange juice
- Prepare 2 tablespoons brandy or rum, for 'Flaming'. Optional
Steps to make Christmas Pudding:
- Place first seven ingredients in a large bowl, mix thoroughly, you can use your hands for this, add the fruit, candied peel and nuts, mix well, add the Apple and grated peel. Mix well, use a wooden spoon now.
- In another bowl or jug whisk the eggs, add the stout and brandy / rum and whisk again.
- Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well. Mixture should be 'dropping consistency, I.e just drop off spoon. If too stiff add drop more stout or orange juice.
- It is traditional for all family members to 'Stir and make a wish' at this point
- Cover bowl with cling film or a damp cloth, leave overnight for flavours to develope, stir again.
- Grease two 2 pint pudding basins, fill to brim with mixture, pack it down if necessary, cover with a disc of greaseproof paper, cover with aluminium foil or a pudding cloth, tie with string below the rim,fold the foil or cloth over the top. If using a flat bottom basin you can place a disc of greaseproof paper at the bottom to ease tipping out the pudding, remove before step 11 ignition !
- You now have a choice, either steam the puddings for 8 hours, make sure they don't boil dry. Or, cook in a pressure cooker, cook without pressure for 30 minutes, then at full (15 lb) pressure for 90 minutes.
- When cooked and cooled remove foil/ cloth and paper and replace with fresh. Store in a cool, dry place, will keep 12 months or more if stored correctly.
- When required either steam for two hours or pressure cook at full (15lb) pressure for 20 minutes, allow to de-pressurise before opening.
- Remove foil / cloth and paper, place a large plate on top, invert and shake out pudding.
- Now the 'Best Bit, pour over two tablespoons of brandy or rum and carefully ignite. This step is optional.Allow to flame out, cut in to wedges and serve.
- Serve with your choice of custard, cream(whipped or runny) and/ or brandy butter.
- This pudding is very rich, so be aware when serving !
- Will post photo of 'actual' pudding when dished up on Christmas day (if I remember !)
- If you don't have a stale loaf, make breadcrumbs from fresh bread and dry, without colouring, in a low oven. *
You can use 5 fl oz Barley wine (if you can find it !) and 5 fl oz stout
Make sure you integrate these superfoods into your diet every day. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Don’t forget whole grains and nuts. Additionally, you have to have yogurt, soya bean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. If you eat these superfoods, you will never have to worry about gaining weight again. Green living provides you with a good eating plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. Your body will become disease free as your immune system improves. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits now.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food christmas pudding recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!