Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, spanakopita with feta (spinach pie with feta cheese). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Spanakopita can be made as a "pie" or pita, or as individual phyllo triangles. Probably the best spanakopita video out there.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have spanakopita with feta (spinach pie with feta cheese) using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Spanakopita with Feta (Spinach Pie with Feta Cheese):
- Take 1 kilo Spinach rinsed
- Take 1/2 cup Dill
- Take 1/2 cup Parsley
- Prepare 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- Prepare 2 Medium size Onions diced
- Make ready 1 Large Leek chopped (I prefer using Leek)
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup Feta Cheese crumbled
- Get 1/2 cup Short White Grain Rice
- Take 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Prepare 1 package Phyllo Sheets or 2 Phyllo Dough
- Take 1 cup Milk
- Make ready 3 Eggs
- Take 1 teaspoon Cinnamon (optional)
- Prepare Salt
- Prepare Pepper
Steps to make Spanakopita with Feta (Spinach Pie with Feta Cheese):
- Take a large sauce pan and saute with olive oil the onions, and or leek, stir for a few minutes and add into the onions the spinach, dill, parsley, rice and stir. Toss in salt, pepper, sugar and cinnamon and let this boil for about 1/2 hour on low heat. Once the mixture is done, take a large bowl pour in the spinach mixture and let this cool off for a while. Add in to cooled of spinach mixture the milk, the eggs, olive oil and feta cheese. Mix and set aside.
- Start to add into a greased baking pan, one oiled brushed sheet at a time. Once half have been placed in the pan, add in the spinach mixture, then fold overhanging phyllo sheets inwards. Continue the process, when you have reached the last sheet brush oil and seal phyllo into pan.
- Baked at 180 degrees and until golden brown. Spanakopita can be eaten either hot or cold.
You should include several superfoods in your diet daily. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Add in whole cereals and nuts. See to it that you eat proteins such as soya beans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, and also orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will get rid of your weight problems. Following a green living eating plan will offer you precisely what you need for good health. Your body will become disease free as your immune system gets healthier. You can anticipate a healthy future by modifying your food choices now.
A delicious phyllo pie recipe made with spinach and feta cheese, spanakopita is a classic Greek favorite that can be an appetizer, side dish, or meal. Spanakopita can be made as a "pie" or pita, or as individual phyllo triangles. This is an authentic, really rich pie stuffed with spinach, onions, cheeses and herbs that are all enfolded by crispy, flaky phyllo dough. Probably the best spanakopita video out there. I've been making spanakopita for years. I finally decided to make a video tutorial on it. Spanakopita can also be made with other greens, such as dandelion or chard, in place of spinach. Spanakopita meaning "spinach pie", is a Greek savory pastry, typically with spinach and feta cheese filling. It is similar to the börek pastry of other eastern Mediterranean cultures. The traditional filling comprises chopped spinach, feta cheese, onions or scallions, egg, and seasoning. Traditional Greek spanakopita (spinach and feta cheese pie) by Greek chef Akis Petretzikis. Spinach, feta cheese, aromatics and youw own homemade phyllo dough! Authentic Greek Spanakopita - Spinach and Feta Pie. This recipe here is my mother's of course. Spanakopita is a popular recipe consisting of spinach, herbs and cheese, the types of herbs used, the ratio of cheese to spinach, the phyllo, all make the difference. To a bowl, add the ricotta, chopped frozen spinach, feta cheese, chopped green onion, beaten eggs, dill, and pepper, and stir to combine. Greek Spinach and Feta Phyllo Pastry Pie. Spanakopita is a Greek pastry made with phyllo dough and a filling of chopped spinach, green onions, dill, eggs and feta cheese. Spanakopita, or spinach pie, is a Greek classic: sweet, earthy leaves and salty cheese encased in layer of shatteringly crisp pastry, it's as good for breakfast as it is for lunch or dinner. Being delicious hot or cold, vegetarian-friendly and fairly cheap to put together, it's my current top tip for a picnic.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food spanakopita with feta (spinach pie with feta cheese) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!