Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, arroz con gandules / rice and pigeon peas. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Arroz con Gandules / Rice and Pigeon Peas is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Arroz con Gandules / Rice and Pigeon Peas is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook arroz con gandules / rice and pigeon peas using 17 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Arroz con Gandules / Rice and Pigeon Peas:
- Get 4 cup water
- Get 1 medium yellow onion diced
- Take 1/2 jar of olives with pimentos & juice
- Get 2 tbsp recaito
- Get 2 envelope sazon achiote
- Prepare 1 tsp fresh cilantro
- Prepare 2 cup long grain rice
- Take 15 oz can Gandules
- Make ready 4 clove garlic minced
- Take 1/2 cup sofrito
- Get 4 tbsp canola oil
- Prepare 1 tbsp dry oregeno
- Get 1 tsp adobo
- Prepare 1 salt
- Take 1 black pepper
- Take 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Make ready 1/2 oz pork, bacon, or ham chopped up
Steps to make Arroz con Gandules / Rice and Pigeon Peas:
- in a large 6 qt heavy pot add oil, cook pork,ham or bacon till brown
- add onions cook till tender, then add sofrito, recaito, tomato paste, rinsed rice, garlic, cilantro, olives & juice, sazon, salt, pepper, adobo, and rinsed pigeon peas, mix well then add 4 cups of water bring to a rolling boil, then reduce to medium low heat cover for about 20 mins or till rice is tender.
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be healthy for your skin because it is a great source of vitamin E. While you may already consume lots of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time. Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food arroz con gandules / rice and pigeon peas recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!