Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, puerto rican rice & pink beans. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have puerto rican rice & pink beans using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Puerto Rican Rice & Pink Beans:
- Get 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Make ready 4 oz ham (diced)
- Make ready 1/4 bunch cilantro (finely chopped)
- Make ready 1/4 cup sofrito (I use homemade! Goya sells it in the latin food section. They also have it in the freeze section. I think the frozen one is better to use if not using homemade)
- Make ready 10 pimiento stuffed olives
- Get 8 oz can tomato sauce (Goya)
- Prepare 1 envelope sazón culantro y achiote (Goya)
- Take 1 envelope beef bouillon (Goya)
- Get 2 15.5 ounce cans pink beans (Goya) (DO NOT DRAIN)
- Get 16 oz water
- Take 2 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- Prepare 1 adobo to taste (Goya)
Instructions to make Puerto Rican Rice & Pink Beans:
- Add oil, ham, cilantro, sofrito to deep saucepan and saute on medium-low heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add olives, tomato sauce, sazón, beef bouillon and stir 2-3 minutes.
- Add beans, water, potatoes, and adobo, stir.
- Turn heat to medium-high bring to boil. Stir occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook about 20 minutes. Remove lid stir and cook another 10 minutes or until potatoes are done without lid.
- Serve with white rice.
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you presently consume lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great option and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time. As you can see, it’s not difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food puerto rican rice & pink beans recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!