Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, whole wheat walnut bagels (soft bagels). It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook whole wheat walnut bagels (soft bagels) using 10 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Whole Wheat Walnut Bagels (Soft Bagels):
- Get 200 grams Lys d'or brand (French bread /medium-strong) flour
- Prepare 50 grams Whole wheat flour
- Make ready 10 grams Light brown sugar (or superfine sugar )
- Take 5 grams Salt
- Make ready 3 grams Dry yeast
- Get 10 grams Olive oil
- Take 145 ml Water
- Take 50 grams Walnuts
- Make ready 1 liter Hot water for kettling
- Prepare 1 tbsp Honey for kettling
Steps to make Whole Wheat Walnut Bagels (Soft Bagels):
- Preparation: coarsely chop the walnuts and roast them in a skillet over low heat until they start making crackling noises.
- Place all ingredients except the walnuts into a bread machine, select the dough cycle and press start, allowing the machine to do its job until the first rising. Add the walnuts in the case inside the machine designated for toppings and additions.
- When the cycle completes, take the dough out to a working surface, punch it down to let the trapped air out, divide the dough into 4 and roll into balls. Cover the dough with a damp cloth, and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Punch down again to let the air out and roll out the dough to 20 cm in length.
- Place the dough so the longer side lies sideways. Roll the dough somewhat loosely.
- Seal the edges and the seam tightly.
- Roll the dough back and forth with your hands, form it into a 25 cm cylinder shape.
- Using the bottom of your palm, flatten one of the edges.
- Make the dough into a ring, Wrap the end of the dough with the other flattened end made in Step 8. Form to make it into your desired shape.
- Let the dough rest again on a parchment lined cookie sheet. It is done when the dough has loosened and puffed up. It took 30 minutes at 30℃ today.
- Preparation during rising; using a large pot that can hold all 4 pieces of dough at once, bring water to a boil. About 80℃, when small bubbles begin to form at the edge of the pot, would be the ideal temperature.
- Place a piece of paper towel on the working surface for draining the dough right after boiling. Preheat oven to 220℃.
- Add and dissolve honey into the hot water. Insert the dough, and boil both sides 15 seconds each.
- When boiling is done, place it onto the prepared paper towel, and lightly wipe off the excess water.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 200℃, bake the dough for 15～17 minutes or until golden brown.
- The seeds in the main photo are pumpkin seeds that I forgot to add in during the kneading process. Try baking the bagel with pumpkin seeds. They'll look very cute.
You need to have a number of superfoods in your diet each day. Why not include several beans or blueberries? Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Throw in whole food grains and nuts. Moreover, you have to include yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. When you consume these superfoods daily, you should eliminate any weight problems. Green living gives you a solid eating plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body is likely to be free of disease. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits now.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food whole wheat walnut bagels (soft bagels) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!