Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, pea, feta and kale frittata. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious. Eggs are cheap and convenient, we always have some at home, and paired with leafy green kale and feta this is a fast, effortless recipe for two. Serve in wedges with a green salad and crusty.
Pea, feta and kale frittata is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Pea, feta and kale frittata is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook pea, feta and kale frittata using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Pea, feta and kale frittata:
- Make ready 3 medium size new potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
- Get 1 handful frozen peas
- Make ready 1 red pepper
- Get 4 shallots or large spring onions or 1 onion
- Make ready 2 handfuls kale
- Make ready 6 eggs plus 1 extra egg yolk (optional)
- Take 50 ml double cream
- Prepare 3 tbsp cream cheese
- Get 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Take a few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Prepare 100 g feta cheese (more if you wish)
- Make ready 2 handfuls grated Parmesan
- Get salt and black pepper
Instructions to make Pea, feta and kale frittata:
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender. Add the peas for the last few minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the red pepper and shallots until soft, then add in the shredded kale and cook until wilted.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, cream, cream cheese and wholegrain mustard. Add the leaves from the thyme sprigs and plenty of salt and pepper. Stir through about half the feta, crumbled into chunks.
- Fish out the potatoes from the peas. Drain the peas and tip into the egg and cheese mixture. Add the peppers and kale mixture too, with salt and pepper if needed. Put the oven or grill on.
- Slice the potatoes and fry in olive oil in the same pan you used for the peppers, until crispy and golden. Add into the egg mixture. Put an ovenproof frying pan on the heat and add some oil. When hot, pour in the frittata mixture.
- Shake the pan so the mixture settles evenly but don't stir or interfere with it in any way. Add the rest of the feta in lumps and push into the egg mixture, then sprinkle over the grated Parmesan. Cook for about 8-10 minutes until it seems set.
- Place in the hot oven, or under the grill for 3-4 minutes until golden on top. Leave to cool for a while before eating with salad
These changes can be done with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. It may be that you already feel that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of consuming foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold. Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
This hearty frittata makes the most of the flavoursome sausage, chorizo, combined with all the goodness and taste of kale and feta cheese. Serve in wedges with a green salad and crusty. Tortilla is our go-to easy meal. Eggs are cheap and convenient, we always have some at home, and paired with leafy green kale and feta this is a fast, effortless recipe for two. Breakfast on the go - Kale and Feta Frittata. Use your favourite soft herbs in this thick grilled omelette with peas, cream cheese and courgette- we like dill, mint and parsley. Tip the egg mixture into the pan and scatter with the feta and tomatoes. Easy kale and feta fritters is a delicious way to use kale. They're perfect as an easy snack or appetizer and make great lunchbox fillers. Because I use kale in much the same way as I do spinach, I knew feta cheese would be a perfect match. I love the creamy, salty cheese with vegetables like spinach. Stir in the peas and spinach then pour the mixture over the prawns in the sauté pan. Evenly distribute the filling with a fork, pulling the prawns to the Crumble over the feta and cook over a low heat until most of the egg has set. While frittatas are fair game for any veggie scraps and cheese nubs hiding in the fridge, I'd argue that few combinations are better than spinach and feta. Because spinach cooks down so quickly and reduces drastically in size, our standard frittata ratio of two cups vegetables to six eggs simply does. Pour vinegar over the kale and toss to coat. Fold apple, feta cheese, currants, and pine nuts into the kale. Use leftover ingredients to make a frittata, like this Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Frittata. Great for breakfast, brunch or even dinner! I purchased three rather expensive ingredients for a different recipe this week: roasted red peppers, feta, and a large bag of fresh spinach.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food pea, feta and kale frittata recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!