Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, tofu bagel. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook tofu bagel using 6 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Tofu Bagel:
- Make ready 200 grams Silken tofu
- Make ready 200 grams, or more if necessary Bread (strong) flour
- Get 1 tbsp Sugar
- Get 1 tsp Salt
- Take 1 tsp Dry yeast
- Make ready 1 tbsp A little bit of honey for boiling
Steps to make Tofu Bagel:
- Lightly drain the extra moisture from the tofu, and set it aside.
- Mound the bread flour in a bowl, and create a crater in the center. Place the sugar and yeast into the crater. Place the salt at the base of the mound.
- Microwave the tofu for about 1 minute and crumble it into the crater, and mix it with the yeast, sugar and flour. Now mix all the ingredients in the bowl together.
- Keep mixing until the dough pulls away from the bowl and no longer sticks to your hands. This will take about 10 minutes. Form the dough into a ball, and cover it with a wet tea towel. Let the dough rest for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200℃. Heat some water in a large pot (I use a large frying pan). When the water comes to a boil, add in the honey.
- Divide the dough into equal parts, and form them into the bagel shape.
- Roll out a piece of dough into an ellipse, and fold into thirds lengthwise, first folding in one side, and then the other side over that.
- Now connect the ends so the dough makes a ring, making sure to thoroughly seal the seams together.
- Turn down the heat under the pot in Step 5 down so that the temperature of the water is just below boiling. The water should be still. Immerse the bagel in the water for 30 seconds (There is no need to turn the bagel over). Immediately put the bagel in the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes.
- The recipe will yield about 3 bagels of this size.
- When we used some Kitanokaori brand flour we were given, the bagels turned out very yellow. They didn't rise very much, but they were very soft.
- The last tofu bagel I made in 2009 had a heart shaped hole.
Be sure to incorporate these superfoods into your diet every day. To start with, beans are very good, and berries, in particular blueberries. Then, try adding several veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, together with an assortment of nuts, primarily walnuts. Also, you should eat yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will get rid of your weight problems. Observing a green living meal plan will give you just what you need to be healthy. You will see that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fend off disease. Prepare for a healthy future by modifying your eating habits now.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food tofu bagel recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!