Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, prawn and avocado risotto. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook prawn and avocado risotto using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Prawn and Avocado Risotto:
- Prepare Dash olive oil
- Prepare 1 teaspoon butter
- Prepare 1 onion diced
- Get 3 cloves garlic thinly diced
- Prepare 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Take 1 and 1/2 cups Aborio rice or risotto rice
- Take 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Prepare 6 cups hot vegetable stock
- Make ready 500 grams shelled, drained prawn meat
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon ground saffron
- Prepare to taste Salt/pepper
- Get 2 very ripe avocados, sliced
- Get Parmasen to serve
Steps to make Prawn and Avocado Risotto:
- On the stovetop, heat oil and butter on a low heat and cook your onion and garlic until fragrent
- In the meantime, in a separate pot, boil you stock. When boiled, lower heat to keep stock on a low rolling boil.
- Place in the rice and thyme in with the onion + garlic. Stir for 3-4 minutes. Increase temperature to med/high heat and pour in wine stirring continuously.
- When wine is absorbed, add 1 X ladle of your hot stock. Stir through until absorbed. Repeat until you have 2 X ladles of stock left in reserve. Although this takes a little bit of time, there is no way to rush this - adding too much stock before absorption can lead to mushy rice.
- When you have (approx) 2 ladels of hot stock left, add your raw, deveined and shelled prawns. At this time, and your saffron also. Continue mixing through your final ladles of stock.
- When you have used all you stock, your prawns should be cooked. Although this may vary depending on prawn size. Cut one open to check + cook longer of necessary.
- When you have confirmed prawns are cooked, sample, and adjust for salt (if home-made/low sodium vegetable stock was used) and pepper.
- Serve into bowls and top with sliced avocado and parmesan cheese. Mix avocado through with your fork and enjoy!
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It can likewise be good for your skin because it is a great source of vitamin E. It may be that you already feel that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold. As you can see, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food prawn and avocado risotto recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!