Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, pineapple upside down cake. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Pineapple Upside Down Cake is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have pineapple upside down cake using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Pineapple Upside Down Cake:
- Make ready 4 eggs
- Prepare 1/2 cup butter
- Take 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- Get 1 (20 ounce) can sliced pineapple
- Get 10 maraschino cherries, halved
- Get 1 cup sifted cake flour
- Take 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Get 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Make ready 1 cup white sugar
- Prepare 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Make ready 1 teaspoon almond extract
Instructions to make Pineapple Upside Down Cake:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a 10-inch heavy skillet with a heat-resistant handle (I use a cast iron skillet), melt 1/2 cup butter over very low heat. Remove from heat, and sprinkle brown sugar evenly over pan. Arrange pineapple slices to cover bottom of skillet. Distribute cherries around pineapple; set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Separate the eggs into two bowls. In a large bowl, beat egg whites just until soft peaks form. Add granulate
- Bake until surface springs back when gently pressed with fingertip and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes. Loosen the edges of the cake with table knife. Cool the cake for 5 minutes before inverting onto serving plate.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food pineapple upside down cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!