Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, sweet 'n' sour chicken. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook sweet 'n' sour chicken using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet 'n' Sour Chicken:
- Make ready 220 g chicken breast, cut into chunks,
- Get 1 large green or red bell pepper, cut into chunks,
- Prepare 1 onion, cut into chunks,
- Make ready 100 g frozen or fresh pineapple chunks,
- Get 1 spring onion, sliced thinly
- Get Vegetable or sunflower oil for frying,
- Take For the chicken coating:
- Take 3 tbsp Cornflour,
- Get 1/2 tsp white pepper,
- Take 1/4 tsp salt,
- Make ready 1 tbsp Dark soy sauce,
- Take 1 beaten egg,
- Get For the sweet and sour sauce:
- Make ready 3 tbsp sugar free ketchup,
- Prepare 1 and 1/2 tbsp organic runny honey,
- Take 1 and 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar,
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp premium oyster sauce,
- Take 1 tbsp light soy sauce
Instructions to make Sweet 'n' Sour Chicken:
- In a bowl large enough to place all of the chicken pieces in, put the dark soy sauce. Add the chicken and toss so that it is all coated fully. Leave in fridge to marinate for 10-15 mins.
- In a separate bowl large enough for the chicken pieces, place about three tbsp of cornflour, the white pepper and salt.Take the marinated chicken pieces and dip each piece into the beaten egg and then roll into the cornflour mixture until lightly coated with no gaps. Do this with all the chicken.
- Heat up a wok over a high heat and add enough cooking oil to cover about 4-5mm of the base. Leave to get hot enough for frying then add the chicken pieces in batches, so not to overfill the wok and lower the cooking temperature, using wooden chopsticks or tongs turn occasionally until all sides are crispy and golden brown. The chicken should only take a few minutes to cook. Lay out some sheets of kitchen roll and gently remove the pieces from the wok and lay them out on it to remove excess oil.
- Here it's usually wise to slice into one of the larger pieces of chicken, to ensure it's cooked through and not pink. In a jug or cup make up the sweet and sour sauce by adding all of the listed ingredients for the sauce and giving it a good mix. Set aside.
- Carefully remove almost all of the oil from the wok, leaving just enough to fry the vegetables with, (around 2 tbsp worth). Add the onion first and stir whilst it fries so it doesn't burn. After around three minutes add the bell pepper and the pineapple, cook for another 2-3 mins, or if using frozen pineapple, until it's no longer cold in the centre and is defrosted.
- Add the sweet and sour sauce to the wok with the onions, pineapple and peppers. Reduce down for around two minutes until it starts to thicken and it's warmed through. Add the crispy chicken pieces and toss everything together quickly (to keep coating from becoming too soggy), so it's evenly coated in the sauce. Remove from the heat.
- Plate up and garnish with chopped spring onions.
- Perfect eaten alongside Chinese style rice or noodle dishes.
These more nutritious food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. If you presently eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. Searching for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it. Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food sweet 'n' sour chicken recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!