Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, bobs baked beans. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have bobs baked beans using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Bobs Baked Beans:
- Make ready Bobs Baked Beans
- Prepare 250 grams Dried Beans
- Make ready 100 grams Streaky Bacon or Italian Pancetta
- Make ready 1 onion
- Make ready 2 clove of garlic(finely diced)
- Prepare 250 grams Tinned tomatoes (or fresh if you have the patients to peel them)
- Take 25 grams Tomato Puree
- Prepare 25 ml Your favorite prepared hot sauce. I like Nandos Piri Piri. (But I just nuts) It mellows out with long slow cooking)
- Make ready 1 Spice bag
- Prepare Spice Bag
- Make ready 1/4 tsp Corriander seeds
- Make ready 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Take 1/4 tsp Fennel Seeds
- Make ready 1/4 tsp Caraway Seeds
- Take 1/4 tsp Chili Flakes
- Take 1 Star Anise
- Take 1 Bay Leaf
Instructions to make Bobs Baked Beans:
- Soak the beans in a bowl of cold water for at least 8 hours (overnight is best)
- Rinse the beans and add to a pan of cold water with the spice bag. (do not add salt as it make the beans skin tough and unpalatable)
- Bring to the boil, skimming the foam of the top of the water as it comes to the boil
- Reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Drain the beans
- Slice the onion into rings
- In a bowl mix the tomatoes, hot sauce, tomato puree and Garlic
- You can add more of the hot sauce or the Spices (crushed) to the tomatoes, if you wish. It depends how Brave or Foolish you are.
- In a 1 litre casserole dish layer the ingredients as follows - a.layer of tomato sauce - b.onion rings - c.bacon - d.beans
- Continue layering until you have a final layer of tomato sauce.
- Cover the dish with a disk of greaseproof paper and place a lid on the dish.
- Place the casserole on the middle shelf of the oven at 110 ºC for 5 hours (low and Slow is the key)
- Great on toast or a side dish with Cottage pie
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. It could be that you already think that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of eating foods that still have most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it. As you can see, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food bobs baked beans recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!