Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, codfish dumplings. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Codfish dumplings is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Codfish dumplings is something which I have loved my whole life.
Using on/off turns, chop fish coarsely. Flat fried buttery dough usually served with cod fish in Jamaica, as a big weekend breakfast, slightly different from the American dumplings. Rinse the cod fish and put it in a pot to boil for about fifteen minutes. If it is still too salty, boil it for another ten minutes.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have codfish dumplings using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Codfish dumplings:
- Make ready 450 g salted cod, presoaked and salt removed
- Make ready bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Take 450 g potatoes
- Take 1 large onion, finely diced
- Prepare 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- Prepare 2 medium eggs, beaten
- Take to taste Salt
In our family, these Puerto Rican dumplings have been with us forever. I remember my grandmother making them for breakfast with eggs or at lunch or dinner with codfish. They are deceptively easy to make, and quite tasty. Below is the basic recipe for domplines.
Instructions to make Codfish dumplings:
- To remove the salt from the cod, soak skin side up for 24 hours in cold water changing it 4-6 times during the 24 hours.
- Boil the potatoes whole with skin on in a pot of salted water along with the cod. Drain well once cooked through.
- Peel the potatoes once cool enough to handle. Mash the potatoes well making sure it's lump free.
- Flake the cod with your fingers removing any fish bones and skin. The traditional way of turning the fish into a paste like form would be to put it into a clean cloth and wrapping it tightly in the cloth and then rubbing the cloth using your hand against a surface such as a kitchen counter. This in turn would also remove any excess moisture from the fish.
- Next add the cod, parsley, onions, garlic and eggs to the mashed potatoes and mix everything well.
- Season with salt if needed. Using your hands mix the mixture for a couple of minutes.
- Heat a deep fat frying pan over medium-high with or a pan with enough oil to submerge half the dumpling.
- Using two spoons, mold it into a dumpling then gently drop it into the oil. Fry each side for 1-2 minutes. Repeat until the potatoe mixture is finished. Ensure not to add too many dumplings to the oil at once as you want to give them enough room to fry and not stick to each other.
They are deceptively easy to make, and quite tasty. Below is the basic recipe for domplines. If serving the dumplings on their own, bring a pot of salted water (or fish stock) to a boil. The Danes use Fish Dumplings as an ingredient in a variety of soups. Danish Fish Dumplings are tasty, healthy addition to vegetables soups, tomato soups and curry soups.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food codfish dumplings recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!