Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, sumac chicken roulade in pumpkin puree. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have sumac chicken roulade in pumpkin puree using 25 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Sumac Chicken Roulade In Pumpkin Puree:
- Take For Sumac Chicken Roulade
- Get 1 Chicken Breast piece boneless
- Get 1 Tbsp Sumac powder
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp Salt (to taste)
- Take 1/4 Tsp White pepper powder
- Take 8-10 Green leaf part of Spring Onion
- Make ready 1 Tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Make ready 1 Tbsp Fresh Mint Leaves
- Prepare 1-2 Green Chilli (Optional)
- Make ready 1 Tsp Olive oil
- Take 1 Tsp Lemon juice
- Get For Pumpkin Puree
- Prepare 200 gm Pumpkin
- Make ready 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Take 1/4 Tsp White pepper powder
- Take Pinch Paprika powder or Red Chilli flakes
- Get For Pesto
- Prepare 1/2 cup Fresh Coriander leaves
- Make ready 1/4 cup Fresh Mint leaves
- Take 2 Garlic cloves
- Make ready 1-2 Green Chilli (optional to taste)
- Prepare 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- Prepare 1 /Tsp Salt (to taste)
- Make ready 1 Tbsp Cashew nuts
- Get To complement with Green,Red,Yellow Capsicum & Pumpkin seeds
Steps to make Sumac Chicken Roulade In Pumpkin Puree:
- To make Sumac Chicken Roulade, take chicken breast piece.trim it if needed.wash throughly & let it dry completely.then place boneless piece on cutting board & with the help of sharp knife open it.
- Insert knife from top conical part til the end length of breast piece. Opening it in butterfly cut.breast piece should open nicely,as shown in pic.
- Take a ziplock bag,and place butterfly cut open chicken inside,or place the piece over cling film & cover it from top also with it.pound the chicken with kitchen hammer, or rolling pin,to press the chicken thinly.Pound carefully so as not to tear open it.chicken piece will expand in size as well so take big ziplock bag.when the chicken is quite thin take out from bag & keep aside.
- Spread 1 Tbsp sumac powder on plate evenly.place chicken piece on plate,it will absorb sumac powder on it's surface.no need to press it. As sumac powder might leave a little colur so be carefull with it. If little colur stain appear on above surface of chicken piece then leave it. Sprinkle salt & white pepper powder on upper side of chicken.
- Take few sprigs of leafy green part of spring onions,cut according to size of chicken breast.place them over chicken alongwith fresh mint, coriander leaves.green chilli is optional to taste.pour lemon juice on greens to get wet a little & stick to chicken.press the greens with hand to stick them nicely.
- Pet dry your hands,lift both ends of chicken piece from one side,start rolling the roulade firmly so as to press greens inside chicken piece nicely.take thread & roll it around roulade in 1/2 inch thickness size. It will not only help to keep rolade in shape but also helps in cutting later. Keep roulade in fridge to rest for 30 min.
- Ehen roulade has rested for some time, take it out from fridge. Grease a loaf pan with oil.place the roulade in pan& bake at 200°c for about 35-45 min.the oven should be preheated at 180°c for 10-15 min.
- Turn the roulade in between to cook evenly from all sides.it will leave it's own water, which help in baking properly.this juice is tasty & can be use later in any sauce or with roulade as well.add a dash of oil or water in between if needed. U can check the tenderness of roulade by inserting a toothpik or knife inside.it will come out clean. The force of toothpik priking inside can help tell the tenderness.when it's done.turn off heat.let it rest for 10 min in pan.
- Take out roulade on board.cut open thread first.with the help of sharp knife, cut the roulade in pieces.the cut pieces should reveal beautifully cooked chicken meat with layer of greens inside with bright colour of top skin.
- To make pumpkin puree, peel the skin,clean the fibers & seeds.chop in pieces.boil water with little salt & add pumpkin pieces in it.let them.boil till tender.strain them. Save 1/2 glass of pumpkin water for use.blend these boiled pieces in blender till smooth.
- Mix salt & white pepper in puree. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan.add puree to pan & cook till a smooth texture is obtained. Add the reserve pumpkin water if needed to cook puree. Adjust seasoning. Add a pinch of paprika powder or red chilli flakes in end for colour & flavour.u can use cornflour slurry to thick puree if needed only.
- To make pesto,take fresh coriander, mint leaves, garlic cloves, salt,green chilli (optional to taste) roasted cashew nuts,& blend to mild grainy texture.take out in bowl.mix olive oil in it & adjust seasoning.
- To plate the tricoloir dish, pour a spoonful of pumpkin puree in center of platter.place the Sumac Chicken Roulade pieces on top of puree. Add some pesto on side of platter. Few cubes of tri colour capsicum stirfried in dash of olive oil & dry roasted pumpkin seeds will garnish the dish as well add to crunchy flavour.Sprinkle some sumac or paprika powder over.Enjoy Tri-Colour Sumac Chicken Roulade in Pumpkin puree & pesto with Cookpad.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you currently are eating a lot of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time. As you can see, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food sumac chicken roulade in pumpkin puree recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!